Nature, sport and culture, combined in an authentic journey.
A ‘real’ cultural experience
The 6-day expedition starts in the Cocora valley, at 2,400 meters. This is the most famous place in the Salento coffee region. This area has large biodiversity, with more than 1000 wax palms and is the home of the Black and Chestnut Eagle. The hike starts through the canyon of the river Cardenas creek, towards the mountains of Los Nevados. Soon the green hills and the jungle make way for the tundra.
A good condition is important for this expedition. An average of 7 to 8 hours a day will be walked, where ascent and descent is a big part of.
During the expedition, you will stay in local huts and in tents of very good quality.
Wide views and divers vegetation
During the hike, you have a view of the unprecedented beauty of nature, such as wetlands. Enjoy the view of the Toche Valley, the Cauca Valley, and the mountain range, with all the glaciers. This area is home to the Andean condor, The black chested Buzzard Eagle and various species of hummingbirds. The hike ends in the base camp of Nevado Tolima. In the base camp, we acclimatize and prepare ourselves for the last obstacles to the top.
Summit start from the base camp.
The ascent of the summit! For this, we use crampons and ropes. We cross a 200-meter ice surface, where we climb gaps along the glacier with rope groups.
Although the Tolima volcano is not the hardest climb, the preparation is important. You put 1500 meters in a day, which is pretty much.
Duration: 6 days
- 1 person € 1743,- p.p.
- 2-4 persons €878,- p.p.
- 5-8 persons €798,- p.p.
- 9> persons € 737,- p.p.
- Private transport from and to the hotel in the Cocoravallei.
- 1x dinner and 1x breakfast and stay in La Argentia farm.
- 2x dinner and 2x breakfast and stay in the nearest farm of Tolima volcano.
- 1x breakfast en 1x picknick during the climb of the top.
- 5x lunch packet.
- Snacks for during the hike.
- Lokal Spanish speaking guide.
- Carry on bags for the donkeys.
- Travel & medical insurance (mandatory)
- Extra snacks & drinks
- Personal expenses
- Sleeping equipment
- Rain suit
- Mountain material
- Visa expenses (only if you stay longer then 3 months)
- National and international flight